1. Brew some very strong coffee. Double-strong works, or if you have espresso, you can use that as well.
2. Heat up 1 cup (~175 ml) milk in a saucepan on the stovetop using medium heat. Use 2% milk or whole milk for a creamier latte, nonfat milk as a healthier substitute.
3. Whisk the milk over the stove top with a whisk. Put a little arm into it. Alternately, use an electric blender, or — in a pinch — use a food processor to "froth" the milk
4. Pour your coffee or espresso into a mug. Make sure to leave enough for your frothy milk.
5. Keeping the foam in your saucepan, gently pour the milk into the mug. Once most of the milk has been poured into the mug, layer the milk foam on top for a delightful treat.
- Put a little (very little) bit of vanilla extract in your espresso for a nutty, sweet flavor.
- If desired, dust off the top of the espresso with a little bit of cinnamon or nutmeg
SOURCE : http://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Latte